Special thanks to Blake Franklin, owner of Finnegan’s
Info About the Tournament
The Yorktown Youth Soccer Club is pleased to invite you to our annual tournament, a single day event in each age group.
• Each player will receive a Complimentary Tournament T-Shirt
• Applications will be accepted on a first come/first serve basis, contingent on receipt of payment.
• Girls play on Saturday, August 30th, 2014
• Boys play on Sunday, August 31, 2014
• Raindate: Monday, September 1st, 2014
• Click here to download the Business Sponsor Ads
Click on link to register:
• Tournament cost is $425 for U9, U10 and U11 (at least 4 – 25 minute games) and $ 475 for U12, U13 U14 and U15 (at least 3-40 minute games)
• The deadline is August 16,2013th (if space remains.)
Girl Ages Limits
• Girls Under 9 Born on or after August 1, 2004
• Girls Under 10 Born on or after August 1, 2003
• Girls Under 11 Born on or after August 1, 2002
• Girls Under 12 Born on or after August 1, 2001
• Girls Under 13 Born on or after August 1, 2000
• Girls Under 14 Born on or after August 1, 1999
• Girls Under 15 Born on or after August 1, 1998
Boy Ages Limits
• Boys Under 9 Born on or after August 1, 2004
• Boys Under 10 Born on or after August 1, 2003
• Boys Under 11 Born on or after August 1, 2002
• Boys Under 12 Born on or after August 1, 2001
• Boys Under 13 Born on or after August 1, 2000
• Boys Under 14 Born on or after August 1, 1999
• Boys Under 15 Born on or after August 1, 1998
• Each U9, U10 and U11 team is guaranteed at least four 25-minute games and each U12, U13, U14 and U15 team is guaranteed at least three 40 minute games. There will be a championship game also for the top two teams.
• USSF registered referees will be used with a three-person system for semi-finals and title games.
• Maximum roster size is 16 for U -9, U-10 and U-11.
• Maximum roster size is 18 for U-12, U-13, U-14 and U15.
• After acceptance to the tournament, any team dropping out will forfeit their entry fee.
• Should tournament be cancelled due to weather, entry fee will be returned minus a $75.00 nonrefundable administrative cost.
• Play is eight-a-side (seven field players plus a keeper) for U-9, U-10.
• Play is nine-a-side (eight field players plus a keeper) for U-11.
• Play is full sided for U-12, U-13, U-14 and U15.
• Premier teams could be requested to play up.
Tournament facility includes;
• Lunch served from 10:30am from our sponsor, Finnegan’s Grill.
• Coffee served from Deli starting at 6:30am.
• YYSC beverage/snack tent, hospitality tent for seating, shooting booth, ice cream, and various sports stores.
• On-site parking is augmented by auxiliary lots.
NO DOGS ALLOWED AT ANY OF THE FIELDS.
YORKTOWN HIGH SCHOOL/MILDRED E. STRANG MIDDLE SCHOOL
2727 Crompond Road
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
684 NORTH: Take 684 North to the Katonah-Cross River EXIT 6. Left off ramp onto RT 35. Follow RT 35 until you come to the Triangle Center in Yorktown Heights. Bear right onto RT 202. Continue on RT 202 to the 3rd light and make a left into the HS. If you make a left at the 2nd light you will enter the middle school. The HS and MS share a parking lot.
TACONIC PARKWAY NORTH: Taconic Parkway N to Rte 202/Yorktown exit. Make a right off the exit ramp onto RT 202. Follow RT 202 and at the 3rd light make a right into the HS entrance. The HS and MS share a parking lot.
684 SOUTH: Take 684 South to the Katonach-Cross River Exit 6. MAke a right off the exit ramp onto RT 35. Follow RT 35 all the way until you come to the Triangle Center in Yorktown. Follow same directions as above for 684 North.
TACONIC PARKWAY SOUTH: Take Taconic Parkway south to the Rte 202 / Yorktown exit. Make a left off the exit ramp onto Rte 202. Follow Rte 202 under the Taconic overpass and at the 4th light make a right into the HS entrance to the parking lot.
YCCC Field (Yorktown Community & Cultural Center)
1974 Commerce St.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Legacy Woodland Field
Strang Blvd. – off Rt. 132 (Old Yorktown Road)
Yorktown, NY 10598
Use this address for GPS-Strang Blvd is right near this address
3255 Old Yorktown Road
Yorktown, NY 10598
GPS coordinates: 41.309547,-73.820314
The directions are:
Coming from North to South
Exit the Taconic Parkway at Rt. 6. West. Go to the end of the ramp and turn onto Rt. 6 going West. Go to the stop light at Rt. 132/ Barger St., turn left and continue onto Rte 132 going south for 1.3 miles to Strang Blvd. on the right, turn right and go straight up the hill to the field.
Coming from South to North
Exit the Taconic Parkway at Rt. 132. Turn right and continue on Rt. 132 going south to Strang Blvd. (about 1 mile) on the right, turn right and go straight up the hill to the field.
Click here for Field Map
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT YOU CARPOOL, IF POSSIBLE. THE PARKING IS LIMITED BUT THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL PARKING IN THE COMMUTER LOT JUST WEST OF YORKTOWN HIGH SCHOOL. MOHANSIC SCHOOL ON LOCKSLEY ROAD WILL ALSO HAVE PARKING (IT IS JUST A COUPLE OF BLOCKS AWAY FROM YORKTOWN HIGH SCHOOL/MIDDLE SCHOOL). DROP-OFFS FOR EQUIPMENT, COOLERS OR PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS WILL BE ALLOWED. (PLEASE SPEAK WITH PARKING ATTENDANTS LOCATED THROUGHOUT THE MAIN HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT). CARS PARKED ILLEGALLY WILL BE TICKETED BY THE YORKTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT.
YORKTOWN LABOR DAY WEEKEND TOURNAMENT RULES1.
1. NO PETS PERIOD!
2. Parking Rules. DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS DO NOT PARK IN HANDICAP AREAS UNLESS DISABLED DO NOT PARK IN FIRE LANES AROUND THE SCHOOL DRIVEWAY If you are unsure where to park, ask one of our parking attendants
3. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
4. NO SMOKING
5. NO COOKING IS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES BY ANY TEAM
6. Registration: Coaches must present rosters, medical releases, and Guest Player Release(s)/Permission to Travel
7. Grace Time: NO grace time. Games must start on time or be forfeited. However, the Games Chairperson has the power to amend kickoff times prior to a match’s scheduled start to account for extenuating circumstances.
8. Eligibility: A player may only play for one team per day. A player or coach ejected from a game may not participate for the remainder of the Tournament day and his/her pass will be forwarded directly to the appropriate State Association. Any player or coach receiving a third yellow card will not be eligible to participate in any subsequent matches on that day.
A PLAYER WITH A HARD CAST IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY
9. Small-Sided Soccer: Under –9 and Under-10 divisions will play eight-a-side (seven plus a keeper). Under-11 divisions will play nine-a-side (eight plus a keeper). All game will be 25 minutes long.
10. Start of Play: Home team chooses direction; visiting team kicks off. Home team listed first.
11. Uniform Policy: If shirt colors are similar, the home team (the team listed on the left of the schedule) must change. In the Semi-final or Final matches the team with the better record shall have the choice
12. Substitutions: May be made with the permission of the referee at any official stoppage in play
13. Referees Assistants: Each team will provide a volunteer Referee Assistant when required.
14. Ranking: Teams will receive three points for a victory and one point for a draw.
15. Forfeits: A forfeit will be recorded as a 3-0 score. Any team walking off of the field prior to the completion of a match or intentionally failing to fulfill its schedule commitments will be disqualified for the remainder of the tournament, will be reported to the appropriate state association, and will not be allowed to participate in the future. No money will be refunded and the player/coach passes will be forwarded to the appropriate governing body.
16. Tie-Breaking: A) Head to Head B) Goal Differential (maximum 3 per game) C) Goals Against D) Most Wins E) 3 Man Shootout
17. Tie-Breaking in Semi-Finals and Finals: There will be NO overtime. Proceed directly to penalty Kicks
18. Protests: Except for an egregious misinterpretation of the laws, decisions of the referee are final.
19. Conduct: Players, coaches, managers and supporters are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit of sportsmanship at all times. Those failing to meet acceptable standards will be removed from the grounds.
20. Schedules/Rules: Schedules mailed prior to the tournament are subject to change. Coaches will be notified in advance of the event if the amended schedule alters your starting time. Weather problems, games delayed by an injury, or other unforeseen circumstances can result in a field’s schedule running behind. The Games Chairperson has the discretion to amend the schedule as he/she sees fit and has the final authority regarding the interpretation of all rules and any rule changes.
21. FIFA RULES APPLY EXCEPT FOR LISTED ABOVE OR IF THE GAMESCHAIR MAKES A DECISION.
WE ASK THAT ALL THE TEAMS PARTICIPATING CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES.
The possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages, bringing of pets and/or burning of open fires is prohibited. Anyone bringing a pet (except for seeing eye dog) will be forced to leave the school grounds. This is a Yorktown School District rule and it will be enforced. All coaches are responsible to help enforce this rule. Violations will result in forfeiting games.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org