Special thanks to Blake Franklin, owner of Finnegan’s
Click on link to register:
Click on this link YYSC LABOR DAY TOURNAMENT for the tournament Registration
Info About the Tournament
Yorktown Finnegan’s Labor Day Tournament Rules
The Yorktown Youth Soccer Club requests that you communicate the following information and regulations to all players, coaches, parents, and other guests. Please respect these conditions so as to avoid jeopardizing our ability to host future tournaments and your team’s ability to participate. This year’s Labor Day Tournament will be held on the grounds of the Yorktown High School and Mildred E Strang Middle School. Additional locations may be added at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director.
It is essential that the town’s properties, facilities and neighboring private property be respected. Teams will be required to pay for any property damage caused by their team.
In accordance with FIFA policy, there shall be no dissent between players and/or coaches, and the referee. Questioning a referee’s call is considered dissent. Coaches are responsible for the actions of their fans, and are expected to demand their support in monitoring and enforcing this policy. A player or coach who receives a red card is automatically ejected from the tournament. A player or coach who receives two yellow cards in a game is out of the game and the following game. A player or coach who receives three yellow cards during the tournament is ejected from the entire tournament. For gross misconduct, the Tournament Director will suspend a player or a coach for the entire tournament. Any coach that receives a suspension will not be permitted to participate as a coach or an assistant for any other age group or team.
NO protests shall be allowed.
AGE & ELIGIBILITY:
Maximum roster size for U12 through U15 is 18, U8 through U11 is 14 and U12 (9v9) is 14. Teams must be affiliated with the USYA and/or USSF. ALL PREMIER TEAMS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY UP. Team rosters, medical release forms and player passes will be required at the team sign in on the day of the tournament. A maximum of three guest players will be permitted. Players may compete for only one team in a division.
LAWS OF THE GAME:
Tournament games will be played under FIFA rules with the following exceptions:
A. Unlimited substitutions at all stoppages with the consent of the referee. All substitutions to be made at the mid-line.
B. Match duration as described below.
C. No hard casts will allowed to be worn by players. All other casts will be up to the discretion of the referee and the Competition Director.
FIFA rules apply. Shin guards are mandatory and must be completely covered by a sock worn over the shin guard. Jerseys will be tucked into the players’ shorts at all times.
A team must be on the field with a minimum of seven dressed players at the scheduled start of play or forfeit the game.
Exception is U8 through U11, which may start with a five player minimum.
DURATION OF PLAY:
All U8-10 games will be 25 minutes in length. All u11-u15 games will be 40 minutes in length. There is no half time and teams will switch goals midway through the match. There will be 5 minutes between games. These rules are subject to change as directed by the Tournament Director.
The home team will be listed first on the schedule. The home team will kick off. The visiting team will choose the goal to defend. Each team will bring an alternate jersey. In case of conflict of colors, the home team will change jerseys.
In the event that a playoff system is used, and there is a tie after regulation time, the winner will be determined by 3 penalty kicks per team.
Player passes will be checked at Registration and held at the Registration tent until completion of the bracket. However, any coach has the right to challenge any player on any opposing team. The referee must be notified of the challenge prior to the completion of the game and the player and his/her pass will be examined after the game. Any team using an illegal player or one without a valid pass shall receive no points for all previous games. Their opponent(s) shall receive three (3) points for a win. The offending team’s league and state association will be notified.
Each team will be awarded three (3) points for a win, one (1) point for a tie and zero (0) points for a loss. Teams winning a game by forfeit shall be credited with a 4-0 win. Teams will be ranked according to total points earned. In the case of ranking ties, the following criteria will be used to break the tie in the order they are listed:
1. Head to Head
2. Goal differential – Maximum goal differential per match is four (4), e.g. if a score is 4-1, the goal differential is 3 for the winner and -3 for the loser. For a score of 7-2, the goal differential is 4 for the winner and -4 for the loser.
3. Fewest goals allowed
4. Most wins
5. Most goals scored
6. Most shutouts
7. Penalty kicks- 1v1
Due to circumstances or conditions beyond its control, the Tournament Committee will not be responsible for loss of any funds due to the cancellation of all, or any part, of this Tournament. The Committee reserves the right to withhold $100 of the registration fee for administrative purposes.
Referees and the Referee Coordinator will work with the Tournament Director to describe the severe weather procedures before the tournament begins. In the case of severe weather, the Tournament Director shall be in charge. However, the Tournament Director will consult with the Referee Coordinator, town officials, and monitor weather tools when making any decisions.
In the event of lightning, one long blast of an air horn will indicate that teams should leave the playing field and seek shelter. Play will be stopped for up to 30 minutes following the last visible signs of lightning. Two short blasts of an air horn will indicate players should return to the field. Three short blasts of an air horn will indicate that play will begin. The current game or subsequent games may be shortened to accommodate weather conditions.
1. Coaches are required to bring medical release forms to every game. All player cards are held at the registration table until completion of the bracket.
2. Unless field conditions make it impossible, the coaches, players and parents of each
team will be located on opposite side of the field during the game.
3. If a game is temporarily suspended due to weather, field conditions, or other situations, each team must check with tournament headquarters for further instructions.
4. The Tournament Director’s interpretation of the foregoing rules and regulations shall be final.
5. The Tournament Director reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the Yorktown Labor Day Tournament.
YORKTOWN CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT RULES
1) No pets are permitted on school property except service animals.
2) No smoking permitted
3) No alcoholic beverages permitted
4) No barbeques, stoves or open flames allowed except by vendors
Anyone found in violation of these rules will be asked to leave the property.
The YYSC will have parking attendants collecting a parking fee of $3 and directing everyone to legal parking areas. Premium parking will also be available. Handicap parking is available to those with valid handicap parking permits
All curbs painted RED are restricted fire lanes. The Yorktown Police Department controls all school parking and will ticket and authorize the towing of vehicles illegally parked. There is no parking on grass unless instructed to by a parking attendant.
There will be designated parking for referees.
Parking rules are subject to change as directed by the Tournament Director.
The Yorktown Youth Soccer Club Inc. and the Town of Yorktown assume no responsibility for any injury resulting from participation in this tournament. By accepting these rules and procedures, all participating clubs and players indicated that they carry their own insurance and will hold harmless the Yorktown Soccer Club and the Town of Yorktown.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Yorktown Youth Soccer Club is pleased to invite you to our annual tournament, a single day event in each age group.
• Each player will receive a Complimentary Tournament T-Shirt
• Applications will be accepted on a first come/first serve basis, contingent on receipt of payment.
• Girls play on Saturday, September 5th, 2015
• Boys play on Sunday, September 6th, 2015
• Raindate: Monday, September 17th, 2015
• Tournament cost is $425 for U9, U10 and U11 (at least 4 – 25 minute games) and $ 475 for U12, U13 U14 and U15 (at least 3-40 minute games)
• The deadline is August 13,2015 (if space remains.)
Girl Ages Limits
• Girls Under 9 Born on or after August 1, 2006
• Girls Under 10 Born on or after August 1, 2005
• Girls Under 11 Born on or after August 1, 2004
• Girls Under 12 Born on or after August 1, 2003
• Girls Under 13 Born on or after August 1, 2002
• Girls Under 14 Born on or after August 1, 2001
• Girls Under 15 Born on or after August 1, 2000
Boy Ages Limits
• Boys Under 9 Born on or after August 1, 2006
• Boys Under 10 Born on or after August 1, 2005
• Boys Under 11 Born on or after August 1, 2004
• Boys Under 12 Born on or after August 1, 2003
• Boys Under 13 Born on or after August 1, 2002
• Boys Under 14 Born on or after August 1, 2001
• Boys Under 15 Born on or after August 1, 2000